What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danish 37mm Bofors Antitank Gun Complete Armor Piercing Round with Base Fuse

M8owner

I was not fast enough to buy this in the US, but at least I was able to get pictures to share with all of you. It sold in about an hour of coming on the market for $250 in the US - just to give you some idea of the value.

Attachments

• Danish 37mm Bofors.jpg
    Danish 37mm Bofors.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
The part of the fuse that goes inside the projectile does look very much like the fuse on the Polish AP shot. I wonder if that was part of the Swedish design. I noticed the driving band is not like that on any other Bofors 37mm projectile that I have seen.

Wow, very nice one. Danish is hard to get, I only have a few in my collection. I have 20 mm Madsen (relatively common), 75 mm M32 (hard to find) and 15 cm L/45 (hard to find).

I finally found a Danish AP and HE (no fuse) in the same time capsule. The AP nose is sheet metal unlike the Swedish AP solid nose. It is also interesting that the Swedish HE fuse will not fit in the Danish HE projectile - the hole is smaller. That is a Polish AP in the middle. Might anyone have a spare Danish HE fuse?

Attachments

• Danish 37mm Bofors Rounds.jpg
    Danish 37mm Bofors Rounds.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Danish 37mm Bofors Rounds2.jpg
    Danish 37mm Bofors Rounds2.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Here are some more Danish 37mm Bofors photos with ammo images from the manual.

Attachments

• Danish 37mm Projectiles.jpg
    Danish 37mm Projectiles.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 38
  • Danish 37mm Bofors Manual Ammo Images 2.jpg
    Danish 37mm Bofors Manual Ammo Images 2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Danish 37mm Bofors Manual Ammo Images.jpg
    Danish 37mm Bofors Manual Ammo Images.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 28