What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French 25mm Mle 37 pour canon Mle 35 d'aviation de la marine

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hi all again,
should someone can help me with documentation about the French "obus explosif 25 mm Mle 37 pour canon Mle 35 d'aviation de la marine" and especially about his different possible fuzes ?

Yoda

Yoda, are you speaking of the "canon"DIAN 25mm Mle35" (350 rpm, 780 m/s) developed for use on the Aeronavale's Seaplanes produced in very limited numbers and also installed in turrets aboard some vessels?

Last edited:
This would be the 25x159.5 round which was noticeably slimmer than the usual 25x163 AA cartridge?

DreamK I think you had a typo - this should be DCAN not DIAN (Direction des Constructions et Armes Navales = Directorate of Navy Construction and Weapons) for naval equipment.

All I know of the ammo is that projectile weight was 280-300 g and muzzle velocity 780-830 m/s.

Hello
here the round, posted yers ago on this forum.
best regards

Attachments

• 25x159 round, 1, FR.jpg
    25x159 round, 1, FR.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 25x159 round, 1a, FR.jpg
    25x159 round, 1a, FR.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 25x159 round, 1b, FR.jpg
    25x159 round, 1b, FR.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 50
Yes DreamK, it is !

Yoda

Yoda, are you speaking of the "canon"DIAN 25mm Mle35" (350 rpm, 780 m/s) developed for use on the Aeronavale's Seaplanes produced in very limited numbers and also installed in turrets aboard some vessels?

Hello
here the round, posted yers ago on this forum.

That's great, fert! Do you have any idea where this round is or who has it?

I would very much like to get hold of its other measurements, especially the rim diameter and case diameter above the extractor groove.