What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French 105mm Mle 1950 case

Vasco Da Gama

Took a chance on this case in a junk shop, clearly marked as a French 105mm Mle 1950. It is 454mm long, rim diameter of 122mm and the mouth is 107mm. I would appreciate confirmation that the case is the correct length! In my experience if you start measuring a case in a junk shop the price goes up, so you just have to go on instinct! Pictured alongside a US 105mm M14 case for comparison.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 36
Correct length probably
...my tables suggest 452mm and 120mm diameter....I'd suppose an actual case is better than figures in a table.....LOL

Hello Vasco Da Gama.
I have two cases of 105 Mle 50. One in brass, identical to your, the manufacturer is ARS instead of SCB, and one in iron. I have shown this one here: http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threa...cases-different-periods-and-different-makings.
I have taken the measurements: lenght 452mm, rim diameter 120mm. A little less than you.So your case has the correct dimensions.
Note on the case in iron, the headstamp is OB 105 Mle 50. OB for obusier in opposite of CN for canon.
Regards,
Dandebur.

Many thanks Dandebur and Charley777, I appreciate the confirmation the case is not cut. On giving it a gentle clean it is apparent there are some paint remains of the filling data. I have tried to post the best picture possible and have tried to interpret what is left but it is not much! The best I can get is Mle 1950, likely 12kg of propellant and a filling date of 1-55. Good luck with the rest!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 15