What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50kg bomb?

BlackBosh

Hi all, I am trying to find details of a particular item. I assume it to be 50kg air dropped similar to a FAB 50 or an SC50 however the tail is unusual with the round bar at the end. Apologies for the quality of the image, the item is approximately 1m long and 250mm dia

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_7829.jpg
    IMG_7829.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 103
Hum, I think you should must look after documentation about the French bombs 50 kg GA. They are very similar !

Yoda

Thanks Yoda, have had a nosey but the nose fuze suggests its otherwise. Wonder if its a copy of another hence the lack of info anywhere. I must have looked at nearly all types of 50kg bomb out there...

This is a Swedish 50kg M37 Minbomb. what can be seen is not a nose fuze pocket but the emplacement of the nose attachment hook for vertical dropping.The shape of rear part of the fins and the reinforcing circles are typical of Swedish bombs.
Where has this photo been taken?
50kg minbomb.jpgFVMF.002414.jpgMinbomb m37 50 kg cutaway.jpg

Last edited: