What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Pr 12 Cwt fixed.

Dandebur

Hello.
Yesterday was a lucky day for the collection ( after three week-ends with nothing interessant ). I gone on two flea_markets. On the first I bought a lot of four cases: two 210x233mm german, one 77x230mm german and one 15cm M14 from Austro-Hungary. The cases are in good condition and the price was very attractive so I don't take care to the headstamps. To-day I saw that the 15cm M14 has for manufacturer WEISS . All the previous I saw were made by BERNDORF. So it is a new marking for me.
On the second flea-market, where I arrived about half past ten ( very late for a flea-market ), I fou3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpgnd two cases I had never seen before: two cases of 12 Pr 12 Cwt fixed ( 76.2x405x104R ) of WW1. For me it is perhaps the case of the year!
In the headstamp there is not the N for the Navy, so I think this cases were made for AA use and land service. I found on the forum that the letters FA are for Fixed Ammunition.
Only to share with you.
Regards,
Dandebur.