What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First War 9.2" How cartridge box...

starshell

Premium Member
Hi all,

Having picked up this gem a while back, I thought I'd share it with the members here. It was being used as a storage box in a country goods store (?)
and managed to buy it.

Original, with its remains of the Gov't Explosive labels, and superb although weathered stencils. Interestingly, although for 9.2" How charges, the side edges of the boards in one corner are stamped with: BRABY 1916 60 Pr.
I'm guessing this crate was used for transporting four 60 Pr shells at some point. Would anyone know anything about Braby?

Such an interesting piece, I have now embarked on building an exact replica, even down to measuring the spacing of each nail and learning how to splice Sisal rope for the handles....
Will post pics when complete.
Enjoy the pics!
Cheers,
DView attachment 135542View attachment 135551View attachment 135550View attachment 135549View attachment 135548View attachment 135547View attachment 135546View attachment 135545View attachment 135544View attachment 135543View attachment 135552