What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maldon Military & Flying Machines 11-13 August

hicky1300

Going to be plying my wares at this event!!
Any members there give me a shout - have beer!!
;-)

I was hoping to get to this show on Sunday, but unfortunately had car problems.

How did it go?

I went on the Saturday and found it to be very good. There were a lot of stalls with various militaria, as well as others of diverse nature. It was also a very good family day out. A large beer tent with a live group singing WWII favourites and older pop music. I had an excellent Cornish pasty. It was like Beltring without the continental contingent. I was too tired to do it all because there was a large lake to go round to get to the main exhibition, but there were plenty of military vehicles.
There was a very good Spitfire aerobatics display which went on for about 8 minutes and was highly visible. There was also a static Spitfire and Hurricane display.

Maldon Military show 2017 - 1.jpg

I went on the Sunday with my two sons. Pretty good. Enjoyed the battle and Spitfire display. The very silly 'multi-period reenactment' at the end was fun.

I was tempted by a 105mm TK practice HESH shell on one stall. But when I went back to reinvestigate near the end (i.e. to see if I could negotiate the asking price down a bit) I found the stall holder had packed up and gone. Ah well. As a consolation prize I got a WWI British webbing pack for a mere fiver as the seller didn't know what it was.