What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub-Calibre Rounds

oktato

Premium Member
Hi,

Can anyone help me with more information about these sub-calibre rounds?

1. Stencilled: "38MM TP SUB LAW COL CRAC M77 WHITE" and "LOT1 EHD 79." I assume this is for the M72 LAW, but what nationality and how did it work? The nose section is filled with white chalk.

image.jpg

2. The case is stencilled DM27A1 and the Headstamp is "DAG 14,5 x 51". Which weapon is it designed for?

image.jpg

3. No idea at all on this one. The case is faintly stencilled 24.5 and is approx. 133mm long. Overall length is approx.230mm. The head stamp is "JnW 87" Any idea on nationality and/or weapon?

image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks in anticipation!

Gary

Wow!
As usual, very impressive knowledge in this group!
The answers on both 2 and 3 were much more interesting than I expected!
Any ideas on the first photo?
Thanks,
Gary

Picture #2 is a german cartridge for a artillerie training device.....105mm and other.
It is a spotting smoke charge.

Picture #1 is manufactured by Pyrotechnie Eug. Hendrickx, Antwerpen-Deurne, Belgium

Last edited:
Hi,

Can anyone help me with more information about these sub-calibre rounds?

1. Stencilled: "38MM TP SUB LAW COL CRAC M77 WHITE" and "LOT1 EHD 79." I assume this is for the M72 LAW, but what nationality and how did it work? The nose section is filled with white chalk.

View attachment 135960

2. The case is stencilled DM27A1 and the Headstamp is "DAG 14,5 x 51". Which weapon is it designed for?

View attachment 135961

3. No idea at all on this one. The case is faintly stencilled 24.5 and is approx. 133mm long. Overall length is approx.230mm. The head stamp is "JnW 87" Any idea on nationality and/or weapon?

View attachment 135963 View attachment 135962

Thanks in anticipation!

Gary

#2 is an artillery trainer round.

http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wmc/add_11.htm

Rigby and imaokie2000 are correct with their id of No2, the 14.5mm spotting/training round is also used by the UK as a L2A1,contract made by DAG,Germany.
Really not sure where municion.org made the connection with the 81mm mortar with this round though????

Tony

The spanish army used the 14,5x51 cartridge also for artillery training.......for mortar training she use an other device.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_17.jpg
    Zuschneiden_17.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Zuschneiden_18.jpg
    Zuschneiden_18.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Zuschneiden_20.jpg
    Zuschneiden_20.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Zuschneiden_19.jpg
    Zuschneiden_19.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 20
[SUB]The first oneis as you say from the M72 LAW. It is a chalk filed subcalibre from Belgium.Only found this in Belgium earlier so I guess it has only been used there. Havebeen talking to lot of people in Belgium but no one has any information on it.[/SUB]
[SUB]If you decideto sell it, please let me know[/SUB]
[SUB] [/SUB]
[SUB]Cheers[/SUB]
[SUB]Freaky[/SUB]