What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training rocket??

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
When I was shown pictures of this item I thought it was a BS piece that someone had thrown together. Once I saw it in person I am not so sure. Around 70-80mm in diameter, with a single nozzle. The fins do not appear to pop out. Painted over, but looks like it was originally blue. Aluminum and plastic body, not heavy enough for a field piece of ordnance, but a lightweight training item is a strong possibility - think Smokey Sam or a similar item. Doesn't match anything I've seen - but in the northern part of the State we get a lot of Canadians and Europeans passing through conducting different training and test activities. Anybody???

IMG_1851.jpgIMG_1853.jpgIMG_1855.jpgIMG_1856.jpg

Not mine, looks like one of Hazord's shelves. but certainly the same piece. Carl Gustov practice as Slick suggested? Does anyone have a document?

Jeff is this something for you

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

• 84 mm SWE.pdf
    127.5 KB · Views: 45
I'm not sure Chris - the item in question does not have pop-out fins like the document, and I'm pretty sure I was looking at a nozzle (venturi), while your document describes the round as a TP-T. It is certainly the same as the one shown with the group in Minenaz's picture, but maybe a different model from the document?

Hello,

I'm quite sure the practice round figures the live version HEAT FFV551, so maybe same external shape (go to [D-32-2-6] in Artillery Sweden )

Regards

heat 551.jpg