What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firing Device help

EODGUY

I have three firing devices that I cannot positively identify. Anyone lend a hand? The small brass one is a simple pull device, solid brass. It is 1 1/2 inchesBrass 1.jpgUnknown 2.jpgUnknown 1.jpgUnknown Gray 1.jpg long, The large one I think is either North Vietnamese or Viet Cong. It has a unique approach to a safety at the end. It is 4 inches long. The pin is cut inside the cylinder and bent up?? The gray one is 3 1/2 inches long. None have any markings on them.

Hi,

About the first one I've read on internet (don't remember where, I should keep track) that it was made by the USA for the afghan moujahid when they fought against Russia

Regards,

S.

Thanks, not sure I would have ever looked at Switzerland for a source. Also thanks for the note on the origin of the brass one. Hadn't heard that story, but it is certainly possible. I think I know someone who might be able to confirm the story.
\