What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A quick question on Practice Grenades scarcity

Andy Naude

The following three grenades are on offer.

Can any one reflect on the scarcity level of these three practice grenades?

Polish, French and Danish. Photos are in this order.

170822115832_IMG_6451[1].jpg170822124910_IMG_6470[1].jpg170822131419_IMG_6488[1].jpg

Thanking you in advance.

A

Are you sure the second one is French . looks like an Italian OD type . The others are very common . Hope this helps . Mike .

Polish and Danish very common here. I have a whole box of 20 of the Polish. Last year the Danish practice grenades were selling in piles at some big shows. Italian more scarce.

Apologies for the slightly off topic post. I was once told that in South Africa every inert grenade in a collection had to be engraved with a serial number and registered with the police. Surely that can't be true, it sounds like a myth to me.

I am not quite sure if this is the right answer, but I will try. I think as the law stands it is illegal to own any ordnance related items without a EOD clearance, which is not that easy to obtain. You may obtain a collectors permit to collect live small arms and sporting ammunition after you have been given police clearance and if you have a lock up facility which has been cleared by the police.

Having said that you will often see items for sale on various forums, but I am not sure that it is legal.

Andy

Last edited: