What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SC-50 and ELAZ17

Hello,

Years ago we found an unexploded SC50 fuzed with a ElAz17 in the ground in the North of France.
The bomb was damaged but the fuze in a very good condition with markings, so no doubt. We quickly destroyed the bomb on the spot without moving it !

Regards

And where is the place for the transmission charge?:hmmmm2:

I don't know the internal shape.
I made a test at work with an empty inert Sc50 and an inert Elaz17 without detonator booster.
I put it without problem in the side fuze well (my example was 146mm length without booster).
Now I can't remember my conclusion about the space in the bottom of the fuze well.

I assume detonator is about 35mm screwed on fuze so about 180mm for the complete fuze.
I don't know the dimension of fuze well but the diameter of the bomb is 200mm.

Sure our bomb was an SC50 fuzed ELAZ17, I really don't konw if this bomb could operate in good condition, and why German used this fuze on this kind of bomb.

Regards

There is also in the regulations no indication that an El.AZ 17 in a 50 kg bomb was installed. I have an EL. AZ 17 K which was only a try. He would have fit into a 50 Kg bomb.

Attachments

• EL.AZ. 17 K   3..JPG
    EL.AZ. 17 K 3..JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 40
So, I finally found photos of our bomb from 2006 in my computer.
Found deep in the ground by an excavator.
Seems to be a Sc50 JA or L. No doubt about the fuze !

Regards

sc50 JA ELAZ17.JPGSC50JA ELAZ17.jpg

There is also in the regulations no indication that an El.AZ 17 in a 50 kg bomb was installed. I have an EL. AZ 17 K which was only a try. He would have fit into a 50 Kg bomb.
If remove the picric pellets, SC-50 can be equipped with a EL. AZ 17.
This is a abnormal use, but it's a fact

Ash on my head !!!! I have never seen such a variation.:tinysmile_cry_t4: But it is not normal! A long-term foe in a 50 kg bomb, crazy. But now I'm smarter, never say.

Hello

Perhaps I think have the solution for the presence of a 17 with the SC50.

With the first model simply unscrew the LZtZ17 and screw the C / 98.
So we have an impact fuze only....

Hello

Perhaps I think have the solution for the presence of a 17 with the SC50.

With the first model simply unscrew the LZtZ17 and screw the C / 98.
So we have an impact fuze only....

The bomb from Sevastopol is equipped with ELAZ 17A.

gdPcTRfkI (1).jpg
VgdPcTRfkIU.jpg