What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile Identification PLEASE

spikehook

SAM_1079.jpgSAM_1080.jpgSAM_1081.jpgSAM_1082.jpgHelp I have recently obtained a few items but this one stumps me unmarked driving bands but wide apart shell measures 73.88 mm across the base and 77.21mm across un marked DBs and is about 1850mm from base to top. Top is what looks like flattened lead cone but has bee sugested as lead fill to give it weight I can find NO markings anywhere on it. In the same lot but not attached was a 3inch naval shell case in steel still carefully wire brushing to find full info.SAM_1083.jpgSAM_1084.jpg

Hello,

Could you post a picture of the driving band.
The general shape sounds Belgian 7.5cm (not 100% sure)
When I look a the fuze hole, I assume you can't check if this shell is empty

Regards

I will get better pics of driving bands but top is full of lead so I need to find out if is supposed to be there before I think about removing it

I can't ID the projectile, but would like to know what the colored chart of projectiles is in the background under the projectile????

The chart looks like Nosler rifle bullets, the green tipped ones being .30 cal ballistic tips.

...dutch 75 mm shells also fit well. But because it's a Krupp standard design many countries are possible. If it has no stamps it's most likely produced by Krupp itself.

Attachments

• 75dutch.jpg
    75dutch.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 28