What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterfly house

SG500

Premium Member
I found this little guy in the spares box today. Looks like he's set up home for the winter.......in an SD 2.

Dave.

IMG_2884.jpgIMG_2884...jpg

Yes SD 2 are about fist size. We have some reasonably large spiders in the UK, a few types bite but nothing deadly over here.

Dave.

I think he's quite a nice Spider, and he's got to live some where.. :laugh:

Last edited:
Oh Dave, why did you have to post that picture! that is a big looking spider glad i keep all mine in air tight boxes if i found one of those in a piece of ordnance it would go out the window :)
Best regards Weasel

Its interesting, people seem to hate spiders or like them but not much in between.
I think they're great :)
Dave.

Love Spiders, they get a bad press, they get rid of bugs and stuff.. they earn they're keep.. :)

If you really hate having spiders in your house gather up some Horse Chestnuts (known as "conkers" in the UK). Scatter them through the house, a few in each room, and all spiders will disappear elsewhere. Don't leave them on windowsills in the sun, they will dry out too quickly and stop working.

gravelbelly