What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked up today these casings - 17pr, 18pr (unavoidable) M6, 37x90 ?

Gspragge

Premium Member
I don't collect 17prs, but the price was right and sooner or later a projectile
will come fourth ~ There are never enough 18 Pdr. cases it seems, but I
think I'm good for now.
The 37x90 , I'm not yet sure on the K marking (no crimp) has me thinking - but of what ?
The M16 was cheap and clean --- Is that a Broad Arrow mark on it ??? (is it a Broad Arrow mark?) If so I
don't recall seeing that before ?

Comments are welcome ~

TYPO - I meant M16 case.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Well I sold off the 3.7 case which I didn't have room for and now I have this so I
sort of just rearranged the deck chairs ~ :tinysmile_hmm_t:

I have never seen that type of 37mm M16 case before, and I have 200. It looks to be Canadian or British made.

Hi,

The M16 case with marking "B" is I believe "Bridgeport Brass Company", I think it is a USA made case. In my collection I have 2 M16 cases that have a broad arrow and the marking CF, I thinl lend-lease from USA to the UK. Of these cases 1 has a USA primer, the other a French primer.

The 37x90 is American Armaments Co. Made for Holland, but I guess not delivered. Some are better marked than this.
Years back I had some k marked solid shot for these, but of course not now.