What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5cm PaK38 experimental squeezebore round

Spaceinvader

Hello everyone,
I am very pleased to show this one today.

Some time ago I picked up a German WW2 5cm squeezebore round which you can see here: http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/93452-German-37mm-Squeezebore?highlight=squeezebore

From the info given on the thread I was informed it would have used a PaK38 5cm casing for test firing. I knew these cases where hard to find, and didn't expect to see one soon for any reasonable amount of money so I put it on the backburner. Finally a little over 2 months ago I found one by chance, and bought it. It arrived yesterday and I am THRILLED! One of the 2 large bore German rounds I have now, with the other being the relic 5cm KwK38 round pictured.

Seeing as this case was a fired one, the projectile wont seat correctly and it seems it would have needed to be slightly over 50mm wide to accept the projectile with possible other modifications. Regardless I am one happy collector now.

I can already tell I may need to find more of these 5cm rounds in the future. I hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

• 5cm Ubung marking .jpg
    5cm Ubung marking .jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 5cm date 1.jpg
    5cm date 1.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 5cm date .jpg
    5cm date .jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 5cm projectile .jpg
    5cm projectile .jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 5cm empty .jpg
    5cm empty .jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 5cm headstamp.jpg
    5cm headstamp.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 5cm Squeezebore 2.jpg
    5cm Squeezebore 2.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 5cm Squeezebore 1.jpg
    5cm Squeezebore 1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 5cm Squeezebore .jpg
    5cm Squeezebore .jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 5cm Squeezebore round .jpg
    5cm Squeezebore round .jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 5cm Squeezebore diagrams.jpg
    5cm Squeezebore diagrams.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
That's a great round, you did well to find one.

Thanks for showing it.

Dave.