What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb, Smoke B167 Box Colors

WW2Junky

Good day to all,

I am restoring a B-167 box for Smoke Bombs that are for a 2" Bomb Thrower for Armored Vehicles or Tanks. What little bit of paint that was left appears to be a dark green. However, I noticed some paint that looks like a sea green stripe around the entire box on both ends. Does the sea green strip cover the entire end of the box or just a part of the end? So I believe the box is painted two different colors for easy identification. Does any body have a picture of this this type of box or information of how or what colors were used or how they were painted for a B167 Ammunition Box for Smoke Bombs, Mk. I/L 2" Bomb Thrower for Armored Vehicles? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
WW2Junky

Searching for particular info I came across your old thread hence a late reaction to it.

According to RAOC Regulations all packages (i.e. ammo boxes) containing smoke ammunition are painted Light Brunswick Green (BS381C 225) as the base colour. No matter what kind of ammo, smoke was always this colour.
A package painted in Deep Bronze Green (BS381C 224) would generally indicate High Explosives or other ammunition except smoke.