What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30.5 cm German navy case

Overhere, the east side of the pond, depending on condition, years etc, between 1000 and 1250 euro. if ww2, a bitmore i guess, never seen one for sale. Also with a haube may effect the price, plus 100 euro or so. i try to collect them on year, i have 1911-1912-1913-1914 and 1915 but it s hard to find very early cases <1911 or late cases >1917, have one of 1926, and also two Exercier cartridges.
Just need a HE shell now.

Last edited:
Thankyou thekees for the reply. That seems a fair price for them. I was told one was going, only thing I know is it's 1916 dated.
What are the exercier cases?

Cheers

These are dummy cartridges, used for practise loading the guns etc., preventing the use of a life cartridge. the are filled with hardwood, oak, to simulate the weight of the gunpowder, and a big brass cap, haube is soldered on it. the two i have a re recovered form the sea, and loaded with sold, ofter being 5 years or even more now, out of the sea, thill the salt is getting out of it,about a few teaspones a year.

the picture shows one of the cartridges and the salt getting out of it. (the big bubba on the right)

Attachments

• marine-rest 016.jpg
    marine-rest 016.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hoi Kees, alles goed?
Ik heb je gemaild op het mailadres dat op de nvbmb site staat en hier geprobeerd je een bericht te sturen ( je bocn mailbox is vol !).
Gebruik je het adres op de NVBMB site nog?
Zo niet kun je me een mailtje sturen op het adres dat ik op de NVBMB site heb staan? Ik heb nl. interesse in wo2 12,7 x 108 en 14,5 x 114 AP's.
B.v.d en groet, Menno.