What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallery cartridge

Slick

After the last post, I located three gallery rounds. The longer one may not be, considering it's HP. And, it's 8mm. Maybe for small game hunting. But the other two may be of the same family as the pack of ten.
SAA 6.5mm package unk.jpg 6.5mm x 55mm Mauser Gallery cartridge

SAA gallery.jpg SAA gallery projectile.jpg

1952 8 X 63
SAA gallery 1952.jpg

6.72 X 54.9 1949
SAA gallery 1949.jpg

6.67 X 54.8 1947
SAA gallery 1947.jpg

'49 and '47 are measured but close enough to 6.5 X 55 to probably be that. R.A. is probably Raufoss Arsenal. I'm smart like that.
The '49 projectile has a wadcutter look about it. '47 semi-wadcutter.
Gallery = target shooting, I would think.
Or even better, a Schützenfest!

Last edited:
Rick,
Your top round is a Norwegian .30-06 Gallery round made by Raufoss Arsenal. It's designation is '7.62mm Patron Korthold M10'.
The middle round is a 6.5mm x 55mm Mauser Gallery and would be similar to those contained in the packet.
The lower round I do not recognise and I do not think it would be military - but it might be. Its certainly a Raufoss military case but I suspect it might have been reloaded for target or varmint shooting.
Jim