What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German WW1 Rifle Grenade Fuzes

Depotman

Premium Member
I have these two rifle grenade fuzes, the brass one seems common, but I've only seen one other picture of the version with the vanes on the nose; and would like to know what it's for or used with. Thanks, Depotman.

DSC_0849.jpgDSC_0847.jpg

I believe it was introduced to improve the functioning of the M1914 Rifle Grenade on graze. I have seen several but all were made of the grey alloy rather than brass.

As Bonnex said, this fuze would have been produced late to improve the sensitivity on impact (they are not exactly vanes but certainly an anti-burial device).
This fuze is often confused with a fuze for air-dropped grenade.

I believe it was introduced to improve the functioning of the M1914 Rifle Grenade on graze. I have seen several but all were made of the grey alloy rather than brass.

Thanks Bonnex - I can confirm that my fuze is made of a grey alloy, not brass. It's not easy to see the material on my picture. Depotman.