What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple corners of my collection room...

WWIIBuff

I recently packed away some of my collection to create space in my museum room, so I thought I'd show a couple overview pictures of what remains in two of the corners.

Overview (1) web.jpgOverview (2) web.jpgOverview (2)a web.jpgOverview (3) web.jpgOverview (4) web.jpgOverview (5) web.jpgOverview (4)a web.jpg

After watching the old tv show "Danger UXB" a couple years ago, I took a great interest in British bomb disposal and German aerial bombs. Here are some images of items in my collection related to that interest.

Attachments

• Bomb Disposal (1) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (1) web.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Bomb Disposal (3) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (3) web.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Bomb Disposal (4) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (4) web.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Bomb Disposal (7).jpg
    Bomb Disposal (7).jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 38
It is hard to see the items on this shelf in my glass case, but the left side are basically the early tools used for bomb disposal like a bronze hammer, chisel, drill, torch, and an extendable mirror to see the fuze if it were on the back side of the bomb. The crabtree is a reproduction from Dugup.

The right side of the shelf has three different types of bomb fuze charging units from German bombers.

Attachments

• Bomb Disposal (8) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (8) web.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Bomb Disposal (6) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (6) web.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 45
  • Bomb Disposal (5) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (5) web.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Bomb Disposal (9) web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (9) web.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Bomb Disposal (2)  web.jpg
    Bomb Disposal (2) web.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 45
very nice stuff,is the uniform on the kneeling soldier genuine,i didn't think they wore insignia on denim work uniforms(it looks denim in the picture)

very nice stuff,is the uniform on the kneeling soldier genuine,i didn't think they wore insignia on denim work uniforms(it looks denim in the picture)

Thanks. Yes the Royal Engineer officer uniform is an original period piece. It is not denim, it is wool, and I believe you are correct that no insignia was typically worn on the denim blouse. The only thing I did was add the period "bomb disposal" insignia on the sleeve. However, being the purist I am, it is only slightly tacked on using modern plastic thread so that it could never be thought to be an original period applied insignia.