What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you!

timmymac

Ive been a member of this forum, along with a few other groups, (warrelics.org, Wehrmachtawards.com, etc) for some years and Id like to give some credit where, I believe credit is due, and seldom given. First, KUDOS to THIS forum, BOCN in general and 'GRENADES' in particular. Of all the resources and groups out there, THIS will always be at the forefront of our hobby and passion. BOCN, in my opinion is in a class by itself. well done Spotter and co. Secondly and mostly to the guys that unselfishly have passed on their KNOWLEDGE and their expertise to novices and amatuers like myself. You didn't have to help us, but you did. Ive since been at this long enough to realize all collectors are NOT like this. Anyway, for you guys here that ive learned SOOOO much from over the years thru messages and thru posts, a heart felt THANK YOU , from Texas. I l know I will miss some guys ( ill add to the list as memory serves me ) but id like to give a shout out to these guys that personally. Paul the grenade, Jeeansy, Darrol, Siegfreid, sgtlynn, us-subs, HAZORD, dano1915, tigh_n, bergflak, jfordhouse, slick, spgr30, millsman, millsbomber, and a ton of others whose name escapes me at the moment. THANKS GUYS, you keep the hobby going!!

Same thoughts. However, I would like to add it is more than just a "hobby". It is a preservation of historic interest and as the years pass, becomes a valuable " guide" to Ordnance that no museum today can offer...when Patton was asked what won the war, he said " Artillery". An under appreciated tribute to all who served.