What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks to Slick, 30x113B Complete...Now, to Repaint Again?

pzjgr

Thanks to Slick, I finally found an empty 30x113B case for my repainted 30mm TP projectile...

I had this kicking around (the projectile) and since I have several complete original TP rounds I figured I'd repaint this one, and did so as a HEDP M789, since I figured finding an actual M789 projo would be near impossible.

Looks great in the case...except the case is for an HEI round, so the dilemma...repaint as an XM799, or leave is...Plus I did get my D in HEDP crooked, which kind of drives me nuts...

I hate dilemma's....:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Attachments

• 20171007_185115.jpg
    20171007_185115.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 119
Why not repaint the projo as an M799? IIRC that was the standard combat load of the ammo in the US AV-8A Harrier, so it's less common than the M789.

Why not repaint the projo as an M799? IIRC that was the standard combat load of the ammo in the US AV-8A Harrier, so it's less common than the M789.

That is most likely what I will do when I get a chance, it will of course go better with the case....

So, I had some time, and repainted it as an HEI, and found another dummy cheap, painted it up as an HEDP...

Attachments

• 20171210_153400.jpg
    20171210_153400.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 68
hello
i think the lettering is too big
the good size is same as the tp rounds on the left
and the fuze had two "colors" (two parts)

Yep, the lettering is, I worked with what I have....and yes, the HEDP round does have a two piece fuze with two colors....

The HEI actually does have a single piece fuze...

But I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate....since 99% of people who see it would know the difference, I wasn't getting too picky....I fgure close enough...:tinysmile_twink_t2:

I have a genuine HEI projectile (inert) which came along with a sectioned case, all attached to a display board with a plaque saying:

"First Burst XM 799 Fired in Qualification Tests. Mr A. Simard"

The fuze is in two parts, and is stamped: "-- FUZE PD XM714E6 --"