What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37x302mmR65

earni74

Premium Member
I have this Hotchkiss 37x302mmR65, does anyone have any photo's of the projectiles used in this case,thanks016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg

No it is indeed a Hotchkiss , The case base diameter I think matches a 3pr case. I believe only Norway used these in coastal defence.
The original Hotchkiss projectile which I show beside the basic Hotchkiss for comparison. The original Hotchkiss projectile is unique being the only 37mm using the triple rounded band style only found on their larger than 37mm sizes. This gun is not listed in the Hotchkiss catalogue I have so it wasn't a big seller, sort of a cheaper 3pr hybrid - but the MV must have been quite decent. Drawing by Robert Mellichamp of a later version of this round. These started out at 307mm in length, but with use got trimmed down somewhat, the stencils might give a last loading date.

Attachments

• Hotchkiss37mmLong37x307r.jpg
    Hotchkiss37mmLong37x307r.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 20
  • 37x302Norway.jpg
    37x302Norway.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: