Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Thanks
    "45cm Kriegs-Sp" = "45cm Kriegs-Sprengpatrone" = (which by my shitty German translator): "45cm War explosive cartridge" / "45cm War Head"

Cheers
    D
    Last edited by Dronic69; 19th November 2017 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Dronic69,
    that would be a possibility, also I have not seen the term "Sprengpatrone" anywhere used to denote a torpedofuze. But, it is possible.
    @Alpini,
    thank you for putting me onto the french speaking archive. It is really very, very good. I'm mad at myself that I did not study french, when I was young and had the opportunity in school. I found the 1818 prussian "Feuerwerkerei" that was incomplete from the Bavarian source. Now at last I got it complete. It says that this issue is the 2nd printed issue. The first, handwritten instructions date from 1742 (Leutenant Schacht). There has to be a printed issue in between these 2 dates. Do you know when the first one was issued ? Many thanks.
    regards,
    Bellifortis.

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellifortis View Post
    Hi Dronic69,
    that would be a possibility, also I have not seen the term "Sprengpatrone" anywhere used to denote a torpedofuze. But, it is possible.
    Trust me - I have seen the term "Sprengpatrone" used - mostly in old German /Austrian torpedo manuals (pre-1900), some of which are in the "old German" text.

Thanks
    Hi Dronic69,
    thanks for your input. Do you have information : title, date of publishing a.s.o. of 19th century manuals , that would make it possible to trace these ? I'm very much interested.
    Greetings,
    Bellifortis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12