Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Help with Torpedo drawing

Trying to fing the complete drawing of a early torpedo design as i only have part of it. Any one have a link to find the full drawing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hallo,
    me too I would very much like to get my hands on a copy of the old german book, the above drawings are taken from. Does anybody know the title of this book ? When did the model of the Whitehaed torpedo, pictured, appear on the market ?
    Greetings,
    Bellifortis.

Thanks
    Here's an old German torpedo book from around that era. Might find something useful.

https://archive.org/details/dietorpedowaffe00gercgoog

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roger For This Useful Post:

Bellifortis (21st October 2017)

Thanks
    Hallo Sir Roger,
    thank you for posting the literature link. The book is very interesting. Many pages cover the "Maine" incident in Havanna very detailed, which started US Cuba politics. A scientific, turn of the century, explosive investigation. The scan of the book has been prepared by "Google". It seems they used a mashine to automatically flip pages. Like with many of the 19th century books, the plates, at the end of the book, are oversize and folded. Apparently the mashine did not recognise this and so only the folded down backside white paper was scanned. A GREAT pity. There may be beautiful coloured plates there, like in the foto that started this discussion.
    Regards,
    Bellifortis.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I had a look and thought at first the pages were not downloading, so this explains why I can't see many drawings, some which would be very good. It would be even more great of the pages were in English as it looks a fascinating read with some interesting information. The torpedoes in the book are the type of fuze pistol I have That would fit that generation of torpedoes.