What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norwegian Egghåndgranat M39

I see that the example in the picture has a black colored body. Is that the standard color for these and did Norway repaint them? I'm asking because I have one of these fuzes and I'd like to put it on an egg body, but I want it to look correct. I haven't seen any other pictures of these.

I see that the example in the picture has a black colored body. Is that the standard color for these and did Norway repaint them? I'm asking because I have one of these fuzes and I'd like to put it on an egg body, but I want it to look correct. I haven't seen any other pictures of these.

Pretty sure the Norwegian army never repainted them. You got to remember that there was a lot of military equipment in Norway, 'left' by the Germans during WW2.

The Norwegian M49 fuze was used on both on the German Eihandgranate M39 and the Norwegian Raufoss Bokshåndgranat M43 (Bhdgr M43). Here is a photo of the practice version Norwegian Egghåndgranat M39: http://ordnance.info/product_info.php?cPath=18&products_id=3368 The blue is the latest version, there was a black version at first.

Last edited: