What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new find

Slick

While placing a newly acquired .60 into the big stuff collection, I noticed a large shoe box. Under a box of bayonets. After clearing some space, I was able to extricate the shoe box and look inside. Keep in mind, as noted in recent SAA threads, I'd been dealing with mostly common commercial and a lot of assorted mil SAA. This new find proved to be a bit more exciting. Lots and lots of old oddball rounds. Many labeled with taped on stickers. Some double holed as if they were once attached to an official bullet board. Haven't had time to go through it all. No clue where they came from.
I think a couple or three on here can really appreciate some of these rounds. The best new find to date.
SAA New find.jpg SAA New find 2.jpg SAA New find 3.jpg SAA New find 4.jpg

Down side is, I was at the end of the SAA sorting/displaying mode, closing up trays, starting to pack things up, to be put into a cabinet to probably not be seen by me again. Here's what it looks like now. Re-starting. Resorting the trays, to make room for the new goodies. Sheesh!

SAA New find overview.jpg

Having too many cartridges is a problem that a number of us seem to develop, but we must endeavor to persevere.

To me, it would seem better to have too many than not enough.

Having too many cartridges is a problem that a number of us seem to develop, but we must endeavor to persevere.

To me, it would seem better to have too many than not enough.

Totally agree. Except I'm tiring of this chore.

You poor, poor, boy.....all those mean, nasty cartridges to look through. You have my sympathy......not. ;)

I'm a thinkin' somebody now needs to get a table at a cartridge show.

I know, boo-freakin'-hoo. I've amassed these over the years. To an extreme, it seems. Get a handfull, throw 'em in a box. For years. I know of at least six ammo crates filled with saran wrapped, mostly new, old boxes of assorted caliber ammo. I ain't even gonna start on them. And yes, I'm considering a table. But I can't stay that long. A day trip at best. Raising my Dad keeps me close to home. So, yea, not expecting much sympathy from you real collectors, but I still feel sorry for myself. Sorta.

Slick,

VERY VERY INTERESTING!!!!!

With just a quick glance at one of your photos I see 3 cartridge board dummies (red arrows) and a .50 U.S. Army inside primed (green arrow) plus a nice assortment of British small caliber rounds.

Brian

Attachments

• SAA%20New%20find%203.jpg
    SAA%20New%20find%203.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 32
As Brian noted with the green arrow, shell #1 is an M71 50 Remington Benet(inside) primed. #s 3 & 4 are Kynoch Adapter (center fire) cartridges. The rest are unidentified as yet. An interesting lot of rim and pin fires.

SAA rimfire.jpg