What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad news

Very sad news. Rest in peace.

DJH

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P.Chris !
25 years ago I had been looking for new employment opportunities. At that time I was warned of a company, that was hiring people for Mine Disposal work in Lybia. They did not even require any papers (certificates). The pay looked very good, but, as I was told, they did not pay any health insurance, no accident insurance and no live insurance for your loved ones, if something happens to you. Health-and accident-insurance is standard with a normal employment contract here in germany. As live insurance is not possible in a high-risk work like EOD, the military (government) covers this for persons employed there, so wife and children are rudimentarily covered, if something untoward should happen. The company Chris was working for is a very big international player. I have no idea what worker-contracts with them look like. Does anybody here have any experience with this ?
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Hello,

I am very affected by this kind of news because two weeks ago I remembered that I was doing a dangerous job.
I was seriously injured in the left arm during a controlled explosion of ww2 ordnance.
I thought I could lost my arm but surgeons saved it. Now I need a difficult reeducation. I'm quite sure I could work again.

I am aware that I could have died that day but I am alive.
I think I'm not going to see life the same way now.

Regards

S.

Rest in Peace brother,

@Minenaz 16 - I wish You fast recovery.
What doesn't kill You makes You stronger.

Chris was not so lucky.

@ MINENAZ16,
Thank god you survived, I hope you recover soon.
You will shurely look upon life in a different way surviving such an accident.......

What happened? Or are you not allowed to go into details..

Regards, DJH

may you have a quick and total recovery. You have great strength in your mental attitude, and I always value your posts. Best wishes, The Otter.

I secound that thought - really just sinking in that this Just happened to you -- all the best for a full recovery.