What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ciney Oct 2017

hicky1300

Managed to get to Ciney at the weekend
Very rushed as my lift had other commitments.

Didn`t seem as busy as I have experienced before.

Not a lot of Ordnance available due to the `laws` regarding such items.
A few traders were braving/risking it but prices seemed very high & several miserable sods didn`t want to haggle!!

Got a few bits though but nothing too exciting.
Lots of rust for sale!

I still think it is worth the trip if you can make a weekend of it if only to see the vast array of kit available & drink lots of lovely Belgian Beer!!
Cattle market better than the main building in my view

Pencilled in Aprils Show
Regards

This clearly shows the arbitrariness when laws on weapons and ammo are nearly absent in a country, and there is no collectors association to represent collectors.
A few years ago we Dutch looked jealoursly south to the country where everything seemed to be allowed and the government did not seem to care about collectors at all, these days the Belgians look upward jealoursly to a country where at least there are laws regarding to the collecting of ammo, preventing arbitrary confiscations.

Times change......

Last edited: