What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czech 26.5 Rounds

Hello Joe
i hope you can read my Special english.

After extensive testing, a one-shot caliber 4 shotgun wasintroduced to the police in 1985 to combat criminals in buildings. Thespecially created ammunition contains a stimulating gas charge and is suitablefor penetrating closed doors. The experimental cartridges of 1982 are still significantly different from the standard ammunition. Apart from the fact thatthe charge consists of CN gas (chloroacetophenone), the outer shape of theprojectile is completely different from the final design. The characteristic thick rim from the later cartridges is still missing.

Prototyp.jpg

Attachments

• Prototype.jpg
    Prototype.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I hope now ist better

The finally introduced ammunition contains a wing-stabilized cylindrical projectile filled with the irritant gas CS(2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile). The actual bullet consists ofcadmium-plated iron, the head of nickel-plated iron and the tail is made ofplastic. The cartridge case is 135mm long and has a rim thickened by eightimprints, which is intended to prevent such a cartridge is loaded into a signalgun. The type of filling is indicated by colored rings, as well as a stampedblack inscription on the cartridge case. Tear gas ammunition is provided withwhite color rings. There are two types of it, both are filled with CS. Thefirst type is referred to as a "generator". This cartridge had a teargas charge of 12g in a chamber and is delivered on impact within 0.5 seconds.The volume of the gas cloud is between 20 and 100m[SUP]3[/SUP]. Generatorcartridges have a colored ring. With two rings are the "Tulak" -cartridges (Tulak means tramp, in the sense of "constantly inmotion") marked, which additionally have ever a groove around theprojectile head and the firing pin. In this cartridge, thetotal of only 6g CS charge is in six chambers and puts the projectile whenexiting in rapid zigzag movements, making a recording of the projectile verydifficult. The CS charge is sufficient for the formation of a gas cloud of upto 50m[SUP]3[/SUP].

PS-G.jpg
PS-CS-T.jpg

The cartridges "Generator" and "Tulak" are also available with the addition Cv (Cvicny). That means as much as training. The cartridges therefore have the same technic as the CS cartridges, but the filling is a harmless smoke mass. These training rounds have the color code red. The "Generator Cv" Version has a colored ring and the "Tulak Cv" has two rings and two grooves around the Projektile head and the firing pin.

PS-CS-G Cv.jpg

PS-T-Cv.jpg

Attachments

• PS-G.jpg
    PS-G.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 11
Cartridges with a completely inert bullet have the suffix Nh (Nahradni), meaning replacement. The color code is black and the cartridge has a single colored ring. Because the trajectory is completely identical to that of a live cartridge, cartridges of this type are e.g. used in weapons in the factory to adjust the Point of Impact. Althoug cartridges with two black colored rings also have an inert projectile, they have a propellant charge that is increased by 30%. These are proof cartridges used to test the durability of the finished weapons. The letters "Tor" stamped on the cartridge case stand for Tormentacni (proof).

PS-Nh.jpg
PS-Tor.jpg

in Addition to these cartridges with a wing-stabilized projectile there is also a tear gas cartridge for use in open air, this is principle a signal pistol cartridge, which was provided only with a thick rim for the gun RV-85. The name is
NSL 26,5 RV.

NSL 26,5 RV.jpg

Please excuse my unsuccessful attempts. The second picture in the first part and the third picture in the third part of my answer have no meaning. If there any questions, let me know, i think now i can handle that.

Best regards
Horst