What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US MICLIC Mine Clearing Rocket for Sale

M8owner

I can pick up this cut rocket from a friend in Texas. How common are these? Does anyone desire it for their collection? What kind of value would this have?

Attachments

• MICLIC Rocket for Sale.jpg
    MICLIC Rocket for Sale.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 77
I picked one up at a scrap yard recently for about $30.00 (scrap price). They are heavy as hell, about 100 Lbs. It had been fired at the local National Guard range. There were originally about 3 of them in the scrap, but when I got there only one was left. Mine came with four ten-foot long greasy 3/8 steel cables at the back, to attach to the line charge.

Mine wasn't cut into two pieces though.

I saw several of them at a scrap yard in Fontana,CA a few years ago,i think he wanted about $100 each

Until I got mine, I thought they were 5 inch Zuni motors, but no way! That must have a hell of a propellant to need a steel motor case!

What you can't see in the picture, is that the nozzles are rotated to point slightly down to raise it in the air when it's fired! And they are titanium or Inconel or something similar.

When I looked at it to take pictures, the nozzle was loose, so I unscrewed it. The firing fried the rubber cement on the threads.

Attachments

• MICLIC.jpg
    MICLIC.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Nozzel.jpg
    Nozzel.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Head2.jpg
    Head2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 33
  • cables2.jpg
    cables2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Here's its little brother, the APOBS rocket. 20-25lbs. Very heavy for its size.
IMG_1099.jpg