What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Elia contact mine.

Michel

I acquired this casing of a ww1 contact mine, after some reading. I identifyd it as a British Elia Mk IV / V because of the diameter of 33 inches. It still is in pretty good state except for a big hole what has rotted in the place where the lever and pistol combi was mounted. The intention is to have this hole patched by welding in a new plate (depending on cost!), there is some information on this seamine but not a lot. Now I am looking for information on the lever and firing pistol (or someone has a spare Elia pistol lying around :)), color and markings used for this mine, or maybe someone has a blueprint or other idea where to get this. There seem to be a couple of variations!! I could not find a museum that has this model as a reference so any help is appreciated!!
image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The first excellent book by Norman Friedman I used or determine witch mark Elia it was, the second I have read but sadly not a picture of the lever and pistol.