Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

British Elia contact mine.

I acquired this casing of a ww1 contact mine, after some reading. I identifyd it as a British Elia Mk IV / V because of the diameter of 33 inches. It still is in pretty good state except for a big hole what has rotted in the place where the lever and pistol combi was mounted. The intention is to have this hole patched by welding in a new plate (depending on cost!), there is some information on this seamine but not a lot. Now I am looking for information on the lever and firing pistol (or someone has a spare Elia pistol lying around ), color and markings used for this mine, or maybe someone has a blueprint or other idea where to get this. There seem to be a couple of variations!! I could not find a museum that has this model as a reference so any help is appreciated!!
    image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michel; 5th November 2017 at 02:29 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michel For This Useful Post:

Lostround (6th November 2017), MINENAZ16 (5th November 2017), no3nh4 (6th November 2017), Yodamaster (6th November 2017)

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 635 Posts
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MINENAZ16 For This Useful Post:

Michel (5th November 2017)

Thanks
    The first excellent book by Norman Friedman I used or determine witch mark Elia it was, the second I have read but sadly not a picture of the lever and pistol.