What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German bomb fuze 1

Burney Davis

Premium Member
Another one I'm trying to ID. Looks like a modification of a AZC10 (hut) incorporating a no 66. Any information gratefully received.

D

DSC01003.JPGDSC01004.JPGDSC01005.JPG

Funny part, I would say that's fantasy! I would be interested in how the parts look when they are screwed apart. One can not do with the other.

Not a fantasy piece I think, I agree with Alpini, but why make such a thing? Pictures below show that the no 66 seats perfectly in both parts (apologies for the quality of pictures). The steel piece was rusty but I have cleaned it back to bare metal.

DSC01017.JPGDSC01018.JPGDSC01019.JPG

It's the typical stuff found on experimental ranges. Sometimes hard to tell how it was used. It could have been used as an adapter which is giving some more space inside the bomb Body. For example to place some meassuring equipment inside which was evaluated after the bomb was dropped. Or maybe the normal adapters for the SD10 were not already introduced and it was the simplest work to convert an AZ C10 into an adapter because it already had the right shape and fuze thread. Or they had many faulty AZ C/10 fuzes and wanted to used them. With some fantasy many more ideas :)