What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German stickpins

Slick

Included in the most recent find were these two stickpins. Tons of info on the intrawebs about the assorted badges and tinnies and such. Only saw one ebay listing for the bomb design but no details. Anybody have a source of info on these "awards"?

Stickpins front.jpg Stickpins.jpg

im not sure of their proper name but they are war help pins,they were sold to the german public to help raise funds for the war effort.i had a collection of them including a torpedo,sea mine,artillery shells,rifle bullet,stick grenade.not sure how many different ones there were.

'Winterhilfswerke' (WHW) Tinnies (Spendenabzeichen). from the series 'Geschosse und Munition'. This street collection (Reichsstraßensammlung) was held on 2/3 November 1940.

A quick search of Winterhilfswerke lead to numerous sites selling these tinnies. Of note, there were very few listings for the ordnance type pins. Most were of the "political" persuasion. I'll hang on to these two, hope to find the others and have a real collection.