What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown item from Latvia

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Just had these pictures forwarded to me, a guy that works with my son was doing an EOD visit this fall with Latvian EOD, saw this at a police collection. I've never seen this design before, a variation on a 9cm mortar maybe? They had no chance to get measurements.

IMG_2739.JPGIMG_2740.JPGIMG_2741.JPGIMG_2742.JPGIMG_2743.JPG

Hmm, never seen before, but let me more think on an AP bouncing mine.
Flat end with, apparently separation grove, stay in the ground and on upper side (frag side), place for igniter

Yoda

It looks like a russian "Bounding Shrapnel Mine". Judging by its professional, industrial finish, I would place it in a timeframe after WW2. On page 122 of US TM 5-223A a similar WW2 design is described.
regards,
Bellifortis.

Thanks, they had it in with some misc projos, that got me started down the wrong path from the beginning. I'll pass it on. Do you have a scan of that page? I'm at work and don't know if I have the document or not.