What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another 18pr

Gspragge

Premium Member
As I am "legally obliged" :tinysmile_hmm_t2: to find and buy these everywhere I go, I showed great restraint and only bought one of four in the room !
Two where ex-lamps and one was rusted. No markings, no balls, but central tube is soldered in place. Well it was cheap at $30 cdn = 17 Pds. Sterling.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 67
central tube in place! does the pusher plate come out by pulling it? nothing below the plate I hope.

Looking down it with a scope unfortunately the tin cup is not present. But I doubt I can get the top brass ring off anyways. Looks like the rod was left to keep the plate from being loose for whatever use this was intended for as the body was polished smooth.

Nothing, it was polished down and was likely quite bright at one time, I guess for decorative intent.