What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unusual grenade ID please

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
grenades aren't really my thing but I've never seen one like this before. I don't even know which country it is from, it came from a house clearance with a WW1 German egg grenade and a 65A fuze. Presumably it would have had a wood bung with a length of quick fuze. It measures 75mm in length and is fairly crudely made - the open end is not central. Its patina would suggest that it is of some age. Any thoughts?

thanks, Dave

Attachments

• 100_3006.jpg
    100_3006.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_3007.jpg
    100_3007.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_3008.jpg
    100_3008.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_3009.jpg
    100_3009.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 26
OK having given it careful consideration for several seconds I've decided that it really is of no interest to me so I'll put it on QFA & hope someone else is willing to act as custodian for the next few years. And you were near the mark Tony as I did find it in Cornwall but I still don't think it came home with a missionary as from memory most Cornish missionaries got eaten.

Dave