What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Fuze Found in Belgium - German?

GregN

German PuW Bomb Fuze

Hi Guys, I picked up this fuze over the weekend and it's one I've never seen before. I have no idea as to the age. A FB Page suggested that it's a WW1 German fuze for air delivered bombs. I'd rather get a definitive answer here by the pros. The body is zinc and it's started to craze. There a very few marks on it, only what can be seen in the photo. It is completely inert. It was labelled as a British fuze found in Belgium. What are the thoughts of the Forum?

Regards,

Greeg

Attachments

• 2017-11-17.jpg
    2017-11-17.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Thanks for the definitive identification on this fuze no3nh4. Are these scarce as WW1 German fuzes go? I have no intent to sell as I like WW1 fuzes and this has to be my most exotic fuze so far.

Hello GregN,

I thinks that is rare fuze, but...

I attach image from polishs book by Adam POPIEL "Uzbrojenie lotnictwa polskiego 1918-1939" [Polish aviation armament 1918-1939]. Warszawa [Varsovia]. Gigma-Not. 1991

espo_bomba_puw_12kilos.jpg