What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Practice Grenade, strange spoon.Comments please....

Here is another one in the pipeline. Firstly, what could be better than talking Ordnance on Thanksgiving Day? That said, for the price, I could not pass on it. As usuall, all comments welcomed. The spoon has me puzzled....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 31
TGRM, pg. 33 shows an early example MkII(actually a MkI body) with a short, stubby spoon.

Received the grenade, pics. The Top of the spoon is marked " M10A2 P.A. Lot 2-6935-2". Bottom is open, unthreaded hole. Remains of blue paint. Grenade markings on body not really legible, from top down, "C 4 " or " C triangle", in two places. Spoon is short and fatter than the normal spoon, interesting piece. Not much info found here or the Internet, other than the A2 fuze was unreliable and quickly replaced. Early training MKII I assume. All comments appreciated. Thanks again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg