What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British demolition charges

Lefa.

Hello everybody,

while researching other matters at USMM (the Navy's historical office) in Rome, Italy, I came across this set of pictures which I think might be of some interest.

According to the German pubblication Merkblatt über englische Spreng und Zündmittel, Minen und Zünder dated 1st Agoust 1942, these demoliton/sabotage charges and devices are British.
The pictures were taken on 7th April 1942 at the Italian Atlantic Submarine Command, settled at the property Ville de Moulin d'Ornon, Bordeaux, France.

Given the above contextualization, which circumstancies lead to the seizure of that material by the Italian Navy? it was parachuted?

Thank you for any further detail you may add.

Attachments

• 6 copy.jpg
    6 copy.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 5 copy.jpg
    5 copy.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 4 copy.jpg
    4 copy.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 3 copy.jpg
    3 copy.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 2 copy.jpg
    2 copy.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 134
Thank you Bonnex, in your opinion the Wreath Charge in round shape of the above picture has a shaped charge, considering that it is filled with dynamite? I have never seen one.
The ordnance described in the Australian document has some differences being a linear shaped charge filled with plastic, although purpose and adhesion are similar.