What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unusual 80 second time fuze id please

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
good evening, I wonder if anyone can identify the time fuze in the attached photo. Its of fairly universal shape but is graduated from 0 to 80, each ten second graduation being at a higher level than the unit numbers. Any thoughts please.

thanks, Dave

Oh, and a very merry xmas to you all!

OK, here's the photo!!!

message to self, preview before posting!

Attachments

• 100_3051.jpg
    100_3051.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 80
more pictures please (other side, bottom, ...), the small details are important ;-)

Also helpful: thread diameter and pitch.

It's not 80 seconds, it's 80 hectometers (8 km). It has austro-hungarian export design.

many thanks Alpini. OK, hectometers not seconds! There are no markings as such, only a small '17' - see photos. The thread is the usual German style course thread. The bottom has had a tin plate disc soldered over it as it was made into an ink well. It comes on a pen stand marked 'Orient 1918'.

regards, dave

Attachments

• 100_3052.jpg
    100_3052.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_3053.jpg
    100_3053.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 52
Thank you Dave,

now it's more clear and it's supporting my initial thoughts. It's a Austro-Hungarian (probably Skoda) 80hm fuze for Export to Bulgaria. Same fuzes were made by Krupp and Rheinmetall, you can see them in this thread: http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threa...Identification?p=269664&viewfull=1#post269664. And I also have an example made by the French Schneider Company. All of them are sharing the same Krupp fuze shape and thread type. But for the internal mechanics always the company internal systems were used.

Nice to see your fuze becaues it's now the fourth known company producing such fuzes. It seems the bulgarian government at this time wanted to be many different ammunition suppliers for having the greatest independence.

Regards, Alpini

Last edited: