What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brits, can you ID these ammo cans?

I have these ammo cans (4), that fit into a carrying case. Dated 75. RG made ammo. Where and how was this set up used, vehicles? I can't imagine lugging this around in the field. I have them filled with belted ammo for my 1919. All info appreciated. As a footnote, I bought them around 2000 when they seemed to be in every military surplus store. Hard to find here nowadays. I checked eBay UK, they have many but none describe the exact usage.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Can't remember the number or the carrier and the amount of we placed on a pallet 12 holders x 800 rounds per level =9600 rounds
it could have been 5 layers high total of 48,000 The size of the wooden pallet was 48" x 48

Hope this info helps

Steve EX RNAD Trecwn

Can't remember the number or the carrier and the amount of we placed on a pallet 12 holders x 800 rounds per level =9600 rounds
it could have been 5 layers high total of 48,000 The size of the wooden pallet was 48" x 48

Hope this info helps

Steve EX RNAD Trecwn

So I take it this is how the Brits distributed ammo directly to the field for usage? Four cans bundled together, 200 each can, 800 per " bundle". Nice. Thank you.

Its called a 4 pack, used and carried on military vehicles. i had one on my Ferret scout car

Its called a 4 pack, used and carried on military vehicles. i had one on my Ferret scout car

Thanks, I had put it in my Shorland when I went to shoot from the turret. Just for interest, a few pictures from this year's shows.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg