What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vickers S/22 time fuze vs. Dutch Tijdbuis No.7

Alpini

Premium Member
Hello,

I got some of these dutch "Tijdbuis No.7" fuzes used for 7,5 cm Vickers AA gun.

This fuze still has some traces of original Krupp design but the centrifugal safety shutter is a typical british or a Vickers invention. And if I compare the dutch No.7 with the Vickers S/22 drawing it's roots become very clear. So I wonder if the dutch No.7 was made by Vickers or in a dutch factory. Does anyone know who made them? Maybe the small stamps will lead to the right track?

Regards, Alpini

Attachments

• Tijdbuis No.7.jpg
    Tijdbuis No.7.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 78
  • No7.jpg
    No7.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 60
Hello Alpini,

Both fuzes you have were made by the Dutch and designated as "Tijdbuis No. 7 NM" (NM = Nieuw Model = New Model). The German designation was "Pulverbrennzünder Nr 7".

When Holland received their 7,5 cm Vickers AA-guns in the period 1935-1937, the guns were delivered with Vickers HE shells equipped with the Vickers time fuze S/22. The Dutch designation of that fuze is "Tijdbuis No. 7".
In 1936 the Dutch designed their own HE shell with their own fuze, this became the "Tijdbuis No 7 NM".

When Germany took over the Vickers guns in 1940 they converted this fuze to their own standards and designated it as "Pulverbrennzünder 41 (H)". The "Pulverbrennzünder 41 (H)" was also produced under German supervision by the Dutch (AI = guo) and the Belgians (FN = ch) .

Last picture is a comparison between the Tijdbuis No 7 NM (right) and the Pulverbrennzünder 41 H (left).

Regards,
greif

Attachments

• tb No 7 -.jpg
    tb No 7 -.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 45
  • tb no 7 nm.jpg
    tb no 7 nm.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 40
  • pbr z 41 H.jpg
    pbr z 41 H.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01513.JPG
    DSC01513.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hello Greif,

thank you very much for your info. My library doesn't have much info about the Nieuw Model and nothing about the original No.7. I only found one drawing some years ago but don't remember where. And it was without the designation. I guess this drawing is from the gun's manual.

Regards, Alpini

Attachments

• tijdbuis no7 2.jpg
    tijdbuis no7 2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hello Alpini,

Yes, the drawing is from a 1938 manual that describes the gun and it's ammunition.

Regards,
greif

Attachments

• kaft.jpg
    kaft.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: