What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather carrier for british ordnance?

frijoles108

Hey guys I think i found a british leather ordnance carrier? Currently researching it more and looking for photos of a soldier with one. I consulted a british collector and he said it was for carrying shells, but does anyone have photos of what specific shells were carried in it? Sorry for bad photos these are from seller. Waiting for item to arrive still.
90375c899005c3d85d0056172f26ec86.jpg
efb78fa3818eda480ad6e99f5d2067f6.jpg
0dc2530c9509aa4b86e2f9910f0157d1.jpg
0c552d05fef24694e217a1c98cec3620.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Looks like a Navel cordite or charge carrier, used to carry a bag charge for a ship's gun as far as I know.
These seem to crop up now and again, I see them with a coat of arms decal on them as they were
made up for sale as if they were a fire bucket or something, usually at a stupid price. The top bits
always seem to be missing. Somebody out there might know more about them if anyone collects
these. Don't pay a lot for it as I don't think there is a big demand - more decorative for the old leather thing beside the fireplace
types - maybe will hold the walking sticks by the door when you get old and cantankerous like me :tinysmile_twink_t:

Last edited: