What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile/Bomb Identification required

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Can anyone identify this item?
It’s obviously a projectile that has been modified as a bomb, but is it a trench art item or was this carried out to change the means of delivery?

I didn’t have time to take measurements or find a scale, but it looked to be about 105mm in Calibre.

Cheers

Pete

5F0451F5-590C-482B-98CE-35D6782FE3DB.jpg0D731C2E-42B0-4499-8C03-D9F91217CCCA.jpg
FA10D111-8B78-4246-9387-577B27AAF5A0.jpg0C3BFC77-8388-4BAF-B0A5-6D21642AEC9C.jpg

Where was it found? The second band was normally used only by a few countries.

Hmm, strange bomb, all the aerial bomb I have doc (principally French and Russian), based on an artillery shell have the fins fixed on the bottom of the shell.
The normal fuze hole of the shell receiving a bomb fuze.

Yoda

Hmm, strange bomb, all the aerial bomb I have doc (principally French and Russian), based on an artillery shell have the fins fixed on the bottom of the shell.
Yoda
I do not know about French bombs, but on Soviet (exactly Sviet, not Russian) copper rings took out from shell body. But here everything on shell. It looks very strange. Copper is a valuable material.