What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spanish artillery during ww1 era

frijoles108

So I have a interesting topic for you guys, as I saw a Spanish projectile recently dated to 1918 that was fired. I am curious as to whether Spanish ordnance ever saw use in ww1? I realize Spain itself never saw combat, but it definitely sold a lot to the allied nations. For example many independent workshops made the Spanish ruby pistol and sold a number of them to the French army. Couldn't find any sources on this.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After further digging, I am beginning to think it is most likely the example i am looking at was used in the insuing civil wars in spain.

They used a lot of the old stuff in their civil war but I have never heard that Spain exported artillery amunition at this time. But they imported a lot of German, French and British Artillery Material since the 1860's. During civil war also much russian material was used.

They used a lot of the old stuff in their civil war but I have never heard that Spain exported artillery amunition at this time. But they imported a lot of German, French and British Artillery Material since the 1860's. During civil war also much russian material was used.
Ok that is what I supposed. Thank you for the second opinion alpini

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk