What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British ww2 twin six, 6lb 10 cwt practice projectile

Wgreen

Hi to all and a happy new year thought I would show my ww2 6 lb 10 cwt projectile for the twin six pounder gun it has many stampings most I understand some I'm not so sure it has
P practice
6lb 10 cwt weight of projectile and gun
III T mk 3 with tracer
C.I cast iron
Maker? F.P.S ?
Lot number
Date 1/44
Also has many acceptance stamps arrow in triangle ,S3 with a arrow pointing at the copper band the tracer has mk v no1 stamped on it any help with the maker or other marks would be appreciated thanks wg
b0465dc240f8dce244da24805cb9230d.jpg
663d0ab48babf878b0628a1be09583ab.jpg

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D3 5.5 using Tapatalk

If FPS is the manufacturer, I have only an American one : [FONT=&amp]Federal Press Steel Company, Milwaukee

Yoda

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

F.P.S. - F. Parramore & Sons (1924) Ltd., Caledonian Works, Chapeltown, Sheffield. Manufacturers of 'Paramo' tools and cast iron flushing cisterns.

Triangle or diamond?

TimG

Hi Yoda/Tim thanks for the maker info ,it is indeed a diamond shape with arrow inside don't know what happened there doh!

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D3 5.5 using Tapatalk