What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 2cm projectile colour mystery

earni74

Premium Member
030.jpg031.jpg032.jpg033.jpg034.jpg
I have looked through all my books and paperwork to establish this colour code on the 2cm projectile dated 1942, does anyone recognise it,thanks

Black band beneath the fuse on 2cm Minen projectiles denotes a filling of HA41IMG_0889 (2).jpgI suspect that this one may have been painted "at home"

thanks PYSALL for your comment, it does not look like the black is a re-paint !
Mick

IMG_0890 (2).jpgIMG_0891 (2).jpgIMG_0892 (2).jpgIMG_0893 (2).jpgIMG_0894 (2).jpgIn my 50 years of collecting they have tried to deceive us all...... for our hard-earned cash..... and these are but a few! Enjoy.
Rod

oh yes Rod, I have fell for it myself, don't you just feel a fool when you find out that you aint got a genuine item, we are not alone
thanks Rod
Mick

It may have nothing to do with this, but I believe I've seen some Italian small arms (20mm etc) painted in the two tone type similar to yours.

I have Lippert's book which includes colour schemes for over 30 different German 20mm projectiles including five different M-Geschoss HE, but nothing that looks like yours.

thanks for your comments US-SUBS, I can not make out the usual stamps just above the drive band which could have give an indication of the manufacturer

Tony, I have DE HEK's book on German ammunition, nothing in there that's of any help with this round.

Thanks everyone
Mick

Hey Mick,

Best regard "de Hek's" depictions with a fair bit of suspiscion. By no means is his work intended to deceive, yet many of his drawings seem te be based on "should/could" have existed and assumptions/educated guesses ... alas not always with verifiable results..